The Next is part of NT-MDT’s line of automated atomic force microscopes. It is designed to facilitate AFM measurements with user friendly control features such as an automated approach of the cantilever to the surface and high resolution optical microscope positioning. The Next realizes many advanced tapping mode and contact mode measurement techniques for topography, electrical, magnetic and nanomechanical studies, e.g., electrostatic force microscopy, Kelvin probe force microscopy, magnetic force microscopy, AFM nanoindentation. Scanning tunneling microscopy measurements (I(V), I(Z), dI/dV, and dI/dZ) can be performed in the modes of constant current or of constant height.
- Scanning probe microscopy (AFM, Kelvin probe, conductive AFM, photocurrent AFM, etc.) and scanning tunneling microscopy
- Cantilever recognition and automatic laser alignment both in liquid and air
- Automated multi scan routine on 5x5mm range with stitching of overlapping scans
- Point-and-click motorized precise sample positioning
- Panoramic optical field of view up to 7×7mm with 2um resolution
- Automatic software configuration for all advanced modes
- Photomultiplier tube (PMT) for fast confocal laser (Rayleigh Imaging)