The Lake Shore 8400 Series can be used with both DC and AC field Hall measurement methodologies. The system includes fully integrated instrumentation, a magnet and power supply.
The AC field measurement option is ideal for probing emerging classes of materials with mobilities below 1 cm2/V s. Low mobility semiconductors and electronic materials include photovoltaic and thermoelectric materials, new display technologies, and organic electronics. Hall measurements on this type of materials are usually difficult or impossible to accomplish with traditional DC field Hall methods.
The standard system is capable of DC field measurements and has a resistance range from 0.5 mΩ to 10 MΩ. It measures Hall voltage, Hall coefficient, Hall mobility, and resistivity. With additional accessories, the system is capable of measuring down to resistances of 0.5 µΩ and as high as 200 GΩ in DC fields. The system allows to determine charge carrier density and carrier mobility as a function of temperature.
- Ideal for variable temperature measurements and mobilities from 1 to 106 cm2/V s
- Optional AC field extends mobility measurement range down to 10-3 cm2/V s
- Maximum DC fields to 1.67 T (8404) and 2.25 T (8407)
- Standard resistance range of 0.5 mΩ to 10 MΩ
- Temperatures from 10 K to 1273 K