This Zeiss Auriga workstation is a crossbeam high resolution SEM equipped with Focus Ion Beam (FIB) column and EDS allowing for unique imaging possibilities, advanced analytics and precise processing at a nanoscale level. The main features of the equipment are:
- A Schottky Field Emitter, resolution of 1.0 nm @ 15 kV, 1.9 nm @ 1 kV, acceleration voltage between 0.1 and 30 kV.
- A dual SEM and FIB column
- Ga liquid metal ion source (LMIS), resolution <7 nm @ 30 kV, acceleration voltage between 1 and 30 kV, probe current between 1 pA and 50 nA.
- Detectors: secondary electrons (SE), In-Lens SE and BSD detectors
- Possibility of 3D reconstruction using combined SEM and FIB columns.
- Energy dispersive spectroscopy (Quantax EDS from Brucker).
- Gas injection system.
- Nanolithography using electrons or ions, milling of imported bitmaps or CAD files, electrostatic beam blanker